Protecting your personal information is our priority.
Collection of your Personal Information
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from our promotional emails; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Hand Sanimals does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Hand Sanimals may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Hand Sanimals, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Hand Sanimals may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Hand Sanimals or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Hand Sanimals; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Hand Sanimals, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Hand Sanimals. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Hand Sanimals website.
The Hand Sanimals website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Hand Sanimals pages, or register with Hand Sanimals site or services, a cookie helps Hand Sanimals to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Hand Sanimals website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Hand Sanimals features that you customized.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are utilized by HandSanimals LLC and the third-party analytics platforms that we use to optimize your shopping experience. These platforms include:
- Shopify (our ecommerce provider)
- Klaviyo (our email provider)
- Google Analytics (tracks how customers use our website)
Additionally, we partner with third-parties to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. These platforms include:
- Facebook Remarketing
- Google Adwords Remarketing
- Google Dynamic Remarketing
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Hand Sanimals services or websites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
Hand Sanimals secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Hand Sanimals uses the following methods for this purpose:
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
From time to time, Hand Sanimals may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Hand Sanimals or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Hand Sanimals, you may opt out of such communications here, or by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link in the footer of any email sent from handsanimals.com.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
Effective as of 02/03/2021.